Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test

To: "MAURO D'ANGELO" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:57:31 +1000
> The workshop manual shows that the
> procedure is basically putting the front of the car on jack stands,
> removing
> the hood and disconnecting a bunch of ancillary parts, and then hoisting
> the
> engine together with the transmission from the top.  Seems pretty doable.
> Obviously, there are things I don't know.  Why is doing it from the top so
> difficult?  What are the negatives to the factory way?

Mauro... are you taking the pi$$? have you seen the picture n the WSM of the
engine coming out the top of the car? Its like a cherry picker.. you have to
life the car that high... for a point in case.. thats how you take the
engine out of an alpine... use this link to see how easy that is..

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2475513130054462410ohkwjg
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2053145830054462410TCfGoq
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2465933670054462410XKISct

then think of the size difference/firewall issues with the tiger.

drop the front cross member and slide the bugger out.

--
Regards

Michael King