Re: [Tigers] Long or diaphragm clutch pressure plate???

To: "'MAURO D'ANGELO'" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, <TIGERS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Long or diaphragm clutch pressure plate???
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:35:53 -0400
Mauro
        It is my understanding that the diaphragm style applies more even
pressure to the disc, works better over a larger rpm range and has a lighter
clutch action.  The long style has 3 arms that release the clutch disc; can
be stiff to clutch at high rpm and generally has a heavier clutch action.
The diaphragm style clutch is the current choice in most of today's cars.

Pressure plate is generally the same diameter and the disc plate; measure
your pressure plate.

A larger disc has more surface area and will handle more Torque.

I would go for a diaphragm style if I was replacing my clutch and most
likely the Centerforce kit.

Ron Fraser