[Tigers] Leaf Springs

To: mgman71@comcast.net
Subject: [Tigers] Leaf Springs
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Which springs are broken?  On my car it was the main leaf spring and was
broken above the axel on both sides.  According to people I talked to it was
unusual to have broken leaf springs.  I think it happened because of axel hop
when accelerating. My car doesn't have traction bars.   Depending on what vin
you have, Alpine springs are used on the Tiger.  Later vins used a different
spring from the Alpine according to the parts book.

My car has springs from Dale Azk.... and they work well.  They are stiffer
than stock and have a extra half leaf to eliminate axel hop. Victoria British
sells leaf springs for the Tiger and are very well made and look very much
like stock springs.  Those are made in the UK by British Spring.

                                                Jeff