[Tigers] ...speaking of scary stuff...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] ...speaking of scary stuff...
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:58:48 -0700
As just about everything else that can blow up has been discussed. I might
as well bring up tires (again) too !

It's getting tougher to find 13", 14" and even some 15" tires, especially
the 'wide & short' variety. I hate admit that the 245/50-14's on the back of
my Tiger are date coded 1981 and 1982 although they mustn't of seen much UV
as they're not showing any cracks . Unfortunately, BFG stopped making them
20+ years ago and even Coker hasn't made them lately although I'm hearing
that they are just now putting together a batch of 245's and 265's for the
Australian market where they are very much in demand...

So... if you want to know how old yours are, this link tells all...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

I've read some scary  articles on this subject but can't say as I know
anyone that has actually had a problem ... now you guys have got me thinking
about my stock flywheel bolted up to the 400hp 5.0L ... but at least it's
inside a Lakewood... ;)

Jim
B382000446