Re: [Tigers] Body Height

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Body Height
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:53:56 -0700
Bob,

   At what point did you tightened the suspension up when you replaced your
springs?  Assuming you have the stock type bushings if you tightened things
up with the suspension in full droop, that can account for added height.
Because of the twisting nature of the rubber bushings they will resist the
forces of gravity to allow the suspension to rest at its appropriate
location. Simply loosen (don't let the car drop on you) and then retighten
the suspension bearing its weight.  If you have more modern, free floating
bushings this will not be the case.

FYI, I bought CAT springs for my car (2000) and they were way too high.  I
eventually cut them to get the ride "looking right" with weight simulating a
driver, light weight passenger, battery, spare and a half full (I think)
tank of gas.

While ride height from others can be "in the ball park" remember that
different tire sizes, springs replaced by others (higher or lower), or
springs not replace (sagging) can all result in different numbers.  Sorry to
say my car is/has been on four jackstands for some time.  Also the current
215-60-13" would likely read high.

Regards, Tom