Re: [Tigers] Lockheed Booster installed

To: Mike Michels <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lockheed Booster installed
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:49:49 -0700
I replaced my leaking Girling booster with a 7" *Girling* MK IIA .  It
was rebuilt, and failed soon.

I replaced that with a Mk II *Tiger* unit, it with fairly large
diameter, and an end plate, including Smitty's servo check valve.  I'll
check part umbers, if anyone wants them.

The MAJOR "trick" is to have someone who knows what they are doing, and
where special assembly is needed.  I was extremely happy with Smitty in
San Diego, based on a recommendation from Norman.  He even had the
rebuildable core. This was in  November, 2004, and performing fine still.

LOREN SMITH
2985 "K" STREET
SAN DIEGO, CA 92101
(619) 233-7937

Norman has a story and pictures on his web site:

*http://www.classictiger.com/mudge/pieces/tech1m.htm*
<cid:part1.01040004.07040002@socal.rr.com>

Steve Laifman

Editor