Re: [Tigers] Cam Help

To: "'Robert J. Wanty'" <rjw@wengco.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Cam Help
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:25:17 -0400
Bob

C2OZ-6265-A             Spacer - Sprocket
C3OZ-6269-B             Thrust plate

Ford made a change March 1965 on the 289 engine; the spacer became part of
the aluminum cam gear, in case you have an aluminum gear.   This change
maybe on the 1965 260 engines after March 1965.

Thrust plate I believe is still available from Ford

Spacer is C shaped to fit by the pin on the cam
OD = 1.558"
ID = .875"
Thickness = .222"
Cam shaft end play = .001-.003" You may have to change the thickness of the
spacer to obtain this spec

Ron Fraser