Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Wheel_stud_replacement?=

To: "=?utf-8?B?VG9ueSBTb21lYm9keQ==?="
Subject: Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Wheel_stud_replacement?=
From: "=?utf-8?B?c3Bvb2swMUBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:09:37 -0600 (MDT)
You can buy longer nuts for mags that allow the stud to be loaded nearer the
hub. Your nuts were loosening because (perhaps) of flex in the studs under
torque.
We used spacers on mags on race cars, but used countersunk screws to hold them
in position until clamping. The holes in the spacers were carefully bored and
spaced to fit the longer nuts precisely.
This loads the stud at the bottom, nearest the brake.
This has worked on both open- and closed-wheel cars.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone