Re: [Tigers] HiPo 289 Counter Weight

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] HiPo 289 Counter Weight
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:39:43 -0500
The 289 Hi-Po crank was made identically to the regular 289 crank. The only
difference is that cranks were tested for hardness and the best were
selected for use in the Hi-Po engines. There should be a Brinell test mark
on all 289 Hi-Po cranks. Since the Ford numbers are the same on all 289
cranks and since I understand Brinell marks can be easily faked, you should
be very careful when paying more for a "Hi-Po" crank.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans