[Tigers] Fw: Re: throw out bearing noise??

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Re: throw out bearing noise??
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 22:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
, May 29, 2010, 11:20 PM

Dave and List-  I think my problem, l thought interment, is the CF TO bearing.
I don't believe  tranny noise would go away. IF something in the tranny was
the culprit, I believe it would only get worse. I didn't mention it as my
earlier post was so long but I had encountered this problem once before. I had
driven about 70 miles to visit a friend for a few days and return w/ his son
to help me do some work my back and heart keep me from doing- I remember now
it was after SUNI as I hurt my knee- slipped at the pool in our main motel
AFTER we had checked out. The rock tile was very slick and I have a slight
tear in my right ACL. One more step to the lounge chair as I was killing time
until the banquet, while reading a good novel- my knee went almost out of
place and I was in severe pain BUT I really wasn't suppose to be there in
reality. I don't know if others remember but the floor was so slick I couldn't
believe they hadn't had a law suit as I saw a
 couple small children running and falling (not from our group, to young LOL)
and I was being very careful as I knew a fall would hurt this overweight body,
already in bad physical condition--- as I said, ONE more step and then my foot
slipped, twisting the bad knee-  3 weeks later I finally had a shot of
cortisone and the pain went away. I will not wait for a shot if it happens
again and the original Dr. felt at my age I should live with the tear in the
ACL. I wont wish him bad luck but if I'm ever in his office again, we will
discuss the fact he should have repaired my knee.
MEANWHILE, back to the CF TO bearing. I don't want to pull the engine just to
change the TO bearing but I'm planning a trip back to WVa this fall and I
believe I better fix it before traveling over 1000 miles round trip and I will
be doing lots of shifting in the mountains. I am like Dave, I think a good
original Ford TOB will be my choice, if I can locate one thru the dealerships
or the Mustang people. If none of our guys have them. I also recommend anyone
installing a CF clutch, which I'm very happy with, to check into a better TO
bearing.
TtT