[Tigers] Fw: Bring a Trailer daily mail

To: Mikw Scheiner <mikeflbmer@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Bring a Trailer daily mail
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 08:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Tue, 6/1/10, Bring a Trailer <mail@bringatrailer.com> wrote:

From: Bring a Trailer <mail@bringatrailer.com>
Subject: Bring a Trailer daily mail
To: "Tony Somebody" <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 7:04 AM

Wild Hilo Nights: bLightly Rolledb 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
The seller of this 1966 Sunbeam Tiger tells many interesting details
surrounding the carbs condition, but also manages to leave out some of the
juiciest tidbits. He apparently bought the car from Chequered Flag in 2003,
drove it to Las Vegas that night, and then continued to sort out some quirks.
Next we hear, the car is in Hawaii, was rolled, was disassembled, and there is
still sugar cane jammed between the wheels and tires on the driver side! What
on earth happened to this Tiger? Find the projecthere on eBay In Hilo, Hawaii
with a low bid and a $9k Buy-It-Now.

Continue reading at Bring a Trailer B;

Mechanically Done: 1951 Crosley Pick-Up Project
Crosley vehicles are weird items, and the pick-up variant pegs the weirdness
meter even more quickly, but this 1951 project has some appeal considering all
of the mechanical work is completed. The engine, frame, and suspension all
look to be brand new, and the new owner will need to pick a paint color and
purchase a new wiring harness. Find ithere on Craigslist in Placerville,
California for $4k. Special thanks to BaT reader Joe M. for this submission!

Continue reading at Bring a Trailer B;

BaT Success Story: Sunbeam Imp Finds a Family
bHi,
Ibm the one that bought the Sunbeam Imp listed on Bring a Trailer several
months ago.
I just wanted to send you an update and a couple photos of the Imp with itbs
new stable siblings! As you can see Ibve already started to turn the Imp
into a replica rally car by adding period lucas and ray-dot fog and driving
lights to the front. Soon, itbll get a full rally roll cage installed with 5
point seat belts, new green carpet from the UK, and also a complete set of
Smiths engine auxiliary drivers gauges! Ibm also on the look out for a
correct period cable driven Halda rally computer and other bits to make this
into a great vintage rally car!
Ibm super happy with the Imp and now after several months of ownership
Ibve worked out the bugs from it sitting for months and itbs now running
and driving very well! The engine is a strong runner (for a 900 cc aluminum
lump in the rear) and this car always attracts tons of attention when Ibm
out with it. Itbs amazing! I get complements and bthumbs upb both from
16-year-olds and 65-year-olds alike! Few have ever seen an Imp in person and
everyone think itsb the cutest car ever!
Ibm very happy I found it on Bring-a-trailer! Thanks so much for having such
a great web site and keep up the good work of finding cool and unique vintage
cars!
Best Regards,
Frank H.
White Salmon, WA
It was finally nice enough outside the other day which allowed me for the
first time to bring out the Imp along with some of itbs new garage siblings,
A 1985 Ferrari Testarossa, 1986 AC Autokraft Mk IV cobra, 1970 AAR cuda, 1970
383 Cuda, 1959 Austin Healey bFrogeyeb Sprite, and my 1969 Lotus Elan
S4b3

Continue reading at Bring a Trailer B;