Re: [Tigers] Water pump

To: "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water pump
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
You can do it yourself with a small shop press and a socket that pushes down on
the flange and lets the shaft go up as you press it. I had a picture but can't
seem to find it. I recall making sure I had a block of wood under the impeller
to make sure it just did not push down (take backing plate off).

I also ended up pushing it a bit too far down, and don't worry you CAN move it
back up with some careful work. All you need to do is get 4 bolts in the flange
and slowly go around and tighten them up. The bolts bottom end up being right
on the casting face and will allow the flange to put move back up.

It was pretty easy, and I have the edelbrock pump too.

I don't have any measures as I push it as far back as I could where it did not
have any rubbing but have not tried with any pulley's as yet.

Sandy