Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure & Rear Main Leak Question

To: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure & Rear Main Leak Question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:26:34 -0500
When you have stuff apart so you can replace the seal, have a really close
look at the crank surface that the seal is riding against. If there is a
discernible groove in the crank where the seal lip has been riding on it, then
you will likely have problems with any replacement seal unless you get that
groove polished out (or, worst case, chromed and ground).

The only thing that will blow out seals is cylinder blowby pressure, if it's
not adequately vented by the PCV system (or a road draft tube, if you're a
Neanderthal ;) ) . An internal oil pump does not contribute to crankcase
pressure regardless of its pressure or volume capability.

Cheers,
Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.