Re: [Tigers] Clean air

To: "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clean air
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:09:08 -0500
If you're okay with K&N filters, then there is the E-2859 (stock height), the
E-3710 (2" tall), and the E-3720 (2.75" tall).]
The 2859 is listed by K&N as a Tiger filter (4.3L V8 - this is a bit
misleading and makes it hard to find)
The dimensions on the 2859 are:Height, 1.5", Inner Diameter 11.75", Outer
Diameter 13.5".
The E-3710 and E-3720 have the same ID and OD measurements and can therefore
be used with the stock housing IF you have suitable hood clearance and a tall
enough filter hold-down stud.

I'm using the E-3710 with an F4B manifold, and a stock hood, but I don't have
engine spacers between the mounts and the block. Your mileage may vary. The
3710 fits perfectly in the housing. When new, the rubber top and bottom edges
of the filter are easy to form so it conforms to the filter housing.

The 3710 does not have an OEM-vehicle listing so it's not easy to
crossreference this filter back to other brands.

Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.