Re: [Tigers] Carnival red paint mix numbers

To: e.coiner@cox.net, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carnival red paint mix numbers
From: Peter L <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
i might be wrong, but back when i did carnival red paint research, i kept
hearing that they cant get it right anymore simply by code, too much time, too
much chemicals changing, or whatever the reason.  if you want it perfect,
someone has to use a spectophotmeter or something on a peice of original paint
under the dash or somewhere that hasnt faded and mix and mix and test and test
and eyeball to try to match it.  doug convinced me to go with guards red as
close enough and anyway can repair if needed.  i think at one point dale in CA
got one "right", he should sell the mix or the secret ingredients list...