[Tigers] Exhaust flanges

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Exhaust flanges
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:55:51 -0400
Hi,
For anyone with a Ford parts catalogue(book, fiche,etc), I wonder if the down
pipe flange is comparable on our cars to one from a '65-67 Mustang, Cougar,
Falcon,Cyclone, etc. What diameter are their down pipes for small blocks. And,
failing that information, would it benefit someone to bring their exhaust
manifold
and down pipe to a dealer to match what Ford/Mercury dealers have in stock?

I have the right side manifold off. The dimensions for that flange are:
   two inch downpipe hole
   the attaching bolt holes are three inches apart, center to
   center.

   the attaching holes are 9/16 diameter
   the actual bolts are 7/16 fine (threaded part)by 1.5" long.

If your dealer can get the part number but not the part, try
www.greensalescompany.com  , an obsolete Ford part source. You can enter the
part number to check stock, but you need to call them for price, if they show
the part.

RB