Re: [Tigers] re-locating the starter solenoid

To: "Jerry & Maureen (Mo)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] re-locating the starter solenoid
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:40:37 -0400
Thanks, Jerry!

Another thought if you want to spend the bucks: install a late Mustang 302
"mini"-starter. It draws less current than the big starter, and It has a
solenoid on the starter, so the original starter solenoid is used only to
"pick" the solenoid mounted on the starter. The current load on the firewall
mounted solenoid is much much lower, and the firewall mounted solenoid
should last forever.  And if you ever want to add headers, the smaller
starter is easier to remove.

Tom