Re: [Tigers] Welding broken original manifold?

To: "'Would U. Believe'" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Welding broken original manifold?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
That seller was me TtT and I sanded the rust off the bottom of the manifold- I
did take the corner off BUT it didn't weaken anything and since we are using
american measurements on cars that do not use metric tools or bolts, why not
say the amount in decimals or fractions, as I'm to dumb to understand 2 or 3
mm and the crack was not in the manifold when I shipped it- I will be in W.Va.
the weekend of Oct 15- how far are you from the state line off I-64?. You
started bitching I had ruined the manifold because I sanded metal off the
bottom- hell the place I sanded doesn't even touch anything and its very
strange you say the crack was there but you never mentioned that. You say you
didn't do it when tightening a stud to tight- well I insured the hell out of
the set, so either you did it or the post office did- anyone interested, I
have the pics he sent me. If anyone had sent me the manifold I wouldn't have
worried about the corner of the flat sanded off,
 but I would have returned it if it was cracked as it would have been obvious
it wouldn't hold up. By the way, you weld cast with nickle rod. Low hydrogen
can be used but only if nickel isn't available, it needs preheated and a REAL
welder should weld it up as he will tack it, let it cool, weld a little, let
it cool etc etc, So don't refer to the guy who sold it to you, refer to
TonytheTiger as I have nothing to hide from. I may be a bit dumb for selling
the best set I had for $50 and paying for half the shipping- that was pretty
dumb. One set on epay is at almost $200 and that was last night- I believe I
win the dumb ass award BUT Sandy just gave me some parts and another TE/AE guy
gave me a deal on some 5.0 parts for one of these days, so I must have been in
the giving mood. Now I'm in a real pissy mood and it seems to be getting
worse. Does this only happen to me or does everyone experience this kind of
thing? I dig thru boxes on the top shelf on an
 old rickety step ladder that I was afraid I was going to go crashing to the
ground on,in a hot ass garage, dug out 3 sets of exhaust manifolds, found the
best set- sanded the rust off, used kroil oil and a tap on the hole that
didn't have a stud already installed, payed almost $4 for a roll of shipping
tape, buy bags with air and gather up Styrofoam, go to UPS and get a price,
then to the post office and get a cheaper price, pay for half the shipping,
wait on getting paid because the guy doesn't like using paypal, so when I ask
if he is going to pay the check arrives the next day- embarrassed again and
then I catch hell for removing metal when I sanded the rust off and he is
right, I had new glasses on, so I removed them and used safety glasses and I'm
pretty blind, and I did take the corner off- I was using the 100 grit sanding
disc Ive usd to sharpened the blades on my grasshopper for the last 3 years-
it isn't anywhere near 100 grit now but it will
 still sharpen blades and remove the corner of a Tiger exhaust manifold.
Again, it touches nothing and IF it bothers you, have the welder put a pass on
and grind it back flat and square- he will laugh at you if you tell him its
because you feel the manifold is weakened in anyway BUT he may still do it.
 Well I said I was done with this and I  hope I am, I'm almost out of Valium.
TtT