Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:14:40 -0700
Tom,  yes, regards below. But, every year on the salt, I have a zillion
folk wander by and want to call the car a Tiger.  I politely inform them
that, No, it is an old Alpine body that was on the trailer headed for
the crusher when I bought it. I also tell them that I prefer to just
call it a Sunbeam not referring to either Alpines or Tigers.  The only
badging on the car is the "SUNBEAM" on the trunk lid.  I want all
Sunbeam owners to be affiliated with the efforts and that is the main
reason I call the car the "Spirit of Sunbeam".  The front of my fire
suit says  "Team Beam" and on the back it says "Spirit of Sunbeam" .   I
wanted everyone who owns an Alpine or Tiger to be a part of the effort
even though they may not be there.

I am not sure what motivates folk to call thier cars Algers or anything
else than what it is.   A 32 ford roadster with a chevy motor in it is
still a 32 ford roadster.  Or a Mustang from circa 1965 with mods making
it nearly identical to a Shelby GT350 is still a Mustang, just updated.
As I mentioned once, I cannot recall (maybe bad old memory cells, lol)
of any other car which has been modified to resemble a different model
of the same manufacturer having a split name of the two different
models.  I don't think it is wrong for anyone to name their car an
Alger, but, I do not understand why. But, I really don't care either.

Tom, thanks for the mention and letting me hijack your thread, lol

mayf