Re: [Tigers] (no subject) Algers

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject) Algers
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:25:33 -0700
Tom,

I agree that a specified "Alger" is OK, and fun.  However it's value is
not the same as an original Tiger, and I have seen many Tigers that are
either maintained or restored.

Different strokes for different folks. As a "fer instance" look at the
auction selling prices for the original cars and the "Tribute" cars
commonly seen at Mecum Auctions on HD Theater cable channel.  The answer
is obvious, original gets the bucks.

However, there are many folks who want to have a "homage" car to get the
fun of the performance added.  Unless the car is misrepresented on sale,
you get the enjoyment you seek.  If it is misrepresented, a law suit is
likely.

"Caveat Emptor"

Steve

Steve Laifman