[Tigers] Monterey Pre Reunion

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Monterey Pre Reunion
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 23:53:20 -0700
Just got home from Monterey for a couple day breather before heading back. All
the Tigers survived the Pre Reunion racing weekend in good shape. John Morton
was the quickest of the three Tiger drivers and finished 7th in one race and
11th in the other. (To be fair to John, I sent him out in today's race (11th
finish) on the most worn tires I brought. I did this to save the new tires for
next weekend. And his 7th place finish yesterday was quite a climb up from his
24th starting position - the race committee had tried experimenting with a
unique but bizarre way to set the grid that I doubt they'll ever try again. )

We had about 45 entrants in our class but I only saw about 35 on the grid. Tom
Sakai managed a personal best getting his Tiger into "the forties" for lap
time (1:49.xxx).

Tom Hall stopped by today. Peter Thompson from Sydney and Peter McDonald from
B.C. were able to hang out for most of the day. It was great to visit with all
of them. (Peter just completed a Tiger drive to Alaska and back.)

Yesterday, Doug Lyle, who owns the Boskoff/Shelby prototype came by for a
couple hours. We were able to hook him up with some of the very knowledgeable
Cobra owners who helped him with his search for a "correct" replacement engine
for the prototype. We wish him well in his effort to care for this crucial
part of the history of this marque.

Buck Trippel