Re: [Tigers] Monterey Update

To: modtiger@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Monterey Update
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:37:43 EDT
Yeah, but we all know Thomo is crazy...and I say that with utmost respect
and in the most complimentary way possible...Tigers in the Yukon!!

Mike

In a message dated 8/16/2010 6:33:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
modtiger@comcast.net writes:

On 8/15/2010 7:35 AM, Buck Trippel wrote:
> As it now stands, I plan to  withdraw our SCF Tiger from today's races.
> John somehow survived a  multi-car crash in a Scarab yesterday
> afternoon in which he was  pinned upside down after rolling it 2-1/2
> times. He was checked out  at the hospital and then released last night
> with no injuries other  than some bumps and bruises. I think he's
> earned a day  off.
>
> Michael, to answer your question, our rules now say that  the spark
> must be produced inside the distributor cap. Points would  work but
> nobody produces the old style high RPM points anymore. While  the
> various Pertronics all produce hotter sparks than points, at best  they
> have less than half the output of the old reliable MSD. Actually  I
> have  been very pleased at how well the SCF Tiger had been  performing.
> On the speed chart we're quicker than all the GT350s and  most of the
> Cobras and Vettes. There are only a couple Cobras and  Vettes quicker
> than us and most of those are from the Ap class. We  were looking good
> enough for one 350 owner to (joke) suggest  deploying a police spike
> strip in front of our pits to slow the Tiger  down.
>
> BTW, Yesterday Tom Hall installed a new R&P in Tom  Sakai's rear end.
> Dan Walters and Tom were still installing it in the  race car last
> night when I went to bed. They might have a  bit  more to do on it this
> morning.
>
> BT at Monterey
To  correct the record slightly, Thomo (Peter Thomson, of Australia) is
visiting at our home, and he played a major part in installing' the
replacement gears in Tom Sakai's differential.  The job would have  been
a lot longer if I had to do it alone.  As an interesting side  note,
Thomo just returned from a short run in his Tiger. San Francisco  area
to  Alaska and back, _with no top_, over 8000 miles in 3  weeks.  So the
next time you guys consider that it's "just too far"  to come to a Tiger
event.  Consider Pete's effort, "just for  fun".

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger  Engineering