Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:34:23 -0400
Michael,

My car is in the BON as sold to a guy in Oklahoma--which is where I obtained
it.

I'm not aware of any information of the car being other than exported to, and
bought in the USA.

If you could help with badges, that would be super!  The one remaining is dim
so I would
hope for three...

Allan
Allan Ballard

On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:15 AM, michael king wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I thought the "SUNBEAM 260" badges were on the later UK cars and EU cars pre
MKIA (so cross over body).. i didnt think they were on USA destined cars.. was
your car one of the cars bought in EU and exported to the USA?

> Also i might be able to help you with the badges.
>

> On 21 August 2010 21:16, Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net> wrote:
> Another oddity pertains to the badges used on some of the crossover cars.
>
> These badges don't say Powered by Ford 260 or Sunbeam V8.
>
> The one still remaining on my early 1966 says Sunbeam 260.
>
> And this is a LHD car made for export to the US.
>
> (I need replacements if anyone knows of a source...)
>
> Allan Ballard
>
> On Aug 21, 2010, at 12:04 AM, michael king wrote:
>
> > Zach,
> >
> > The corss over bodies are nto uncomon.. infact in theory there are 2
types
> > of cross over bodies, the ones such as yours which a a series IVa based
> > alpine body in that it has square cornered bonnet and doors and round
boot,
> > but has the metal boot covers as per MKI/SIV Alpine.
> >
> > Then you have the very early SV alpine body cars and IA Tigers that have
the
> > same body as just outlined.. but have the Soft vynil softtop boot and
also
> > have the fresh air vents to the interior.
> >
> > On 21 August 2010 10:10, <ZForce56@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I am restoring 1965 Tiger B9473202. It is what Norm calls a "crossover
> >> body" car. It has square cornered hood and doors and unfilled
seams...but
> >> the
> >> trunk lid has round corners and the upper quarters have filled seams,
and
> >> it
> >> has  the three-piece "hard boot" for the top. The door tops and the door
> >> panels  are the GT style like the Mk1a and the inside rear view mirror
is
> >> the
> >> larger  style like the Mk1a. Before purchased the car, I emailed Norm to
be
> >> sure this  was "factory" and he was kind enough to assure me the car was
> >> indeed correct and  was built that way. Apparently, it left Jensen April
1,
> >> 1965. Other than Norm's  assurance (I have not heard or seen any
reference
> >> these transition bodies.  Does anyone have any insight? Does anyone know
> >> what
> >> VIN was the first in the  series?
> >>   I'm just trying to educate myself about this car  and have been
> >> surprised to have found nothing written about the crossover  bodies.
This