Re: [Tigers] steering rack alternatives

To: Alvin Johnson <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] steering rack alternatives
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:00:55 -0400
The place to start regarding the MG Midget rack: Dale's Restorations,
http://www.dalesresto.com/parts.html .Dale sells an adapter kit to fit the
Midget rack to the Tiger. It requires MGB steering arms (which have to be
adapted - read: drilled, ground down) to fit the Sunbeam spindles. The end
result, though is it improves (not corrects completely) the Tiger's
legendary Ackerman steering problems. Also see the writeup Tim Suddard did
in Classic Motorsports. As to readily available.... maybe, but not cheap;
VickyBrit sells them; see the catalog for prices.

Tom