Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Handling
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:55:38 -0400
Mark,

I'm assuming the car handled acceptably before the steering rack and tires
were changed. True?

The steering rack change is to help correct the legendary Ackerman angle
problem Shelby's dyslectic engineers built into the Tiger. I don't think it
should adversely affect steering, but I'll defer to the guys who have done
it and know. Same for the sway bars.

My guess is the alignment isn't appropriate for the tires you have
installed. C.A.T. Shop Notes has (I think, I'm not near the book...) front
end alignment settings for radial tires. Add to that Camber shoud be -
according to a recent posr here - closer to vertical than the stock
settings. I think I'd start there.

Tom
' 67 Mark 2