Re: [Tigers] Clutch P/Ns

To: rsdslp@juno.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch P/Ns
From: ZForce56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:44:38 EDT
Here is link to a clutch/flywheel part number tech advice discussion that
appears on the TE/AE website. It is somewhat dated as it seems to have been
written circa 1981. The car it references is B9473202 and the owner at the
time  was Rich Bakula who in 1981 apparently lived near Melbourne,  FL. The
tech letter is a pretty detailed discussion of the components  originally
supplied to Sunbeam by Ford for his red '65 Tiger. By the way, I am  still
hoping to hear from anyone who might remember Rich Bakula (or his Tiger).  I
would love to have a clearer history and a little human interest background on
 my car. I have discovered that there is a Rich Bakula living in the Palace
 Retirement Home in Rockledge. Florida not far from Melbourne. Does this
jog any  memories? This Richard E. Bakula is an elderly Alzeimer's patient
under the guardianship of a state- appointed case worker. I am always saddened
 at the thought of an elderly person spending his/her twilight years  not
surrounded by loving family. I still don't know if I have found the right
guy. My dad at 91 would love to have someone take an interest in some car he
once enjoyed. In my opinion, part of the neat thing about owning an old
special  interest car is knowing a little bit about the people who cherished
the
car and  was partially responsible for its survival. These cars hold pride
of place in  lots of people's fond memories.
    Zach Merrill
    Greenville, SC

_http://teae.org/smooth-shifting-clutch-story/_
(http://teae.org/smooth-shifting-clutch-story/)

In a message dated 8/31/2010 2:49:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,