Re: [Tigers] Flowers for the "alger"non

To: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Flowers for the "alger"non
From: Clarkwgriswold <clarkwgriswold2nd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:50:56 -0500
> ".....Many months later, there was a very nice looking Tiger and a pile of
rusted out body parts along with a hacked up
> Alpine/Tiger chassis.  ......"

Using this car as an example.....And I know this is semantics.... But it makes
a difference to me. I pose this critical question... One that no one seems to
be able to answer. Were tiger pieces put on an alpine... Or were alpine pieces
put on a tiger? ( hypothetically)

Anyone reading this list who had replaced a rocker panel or a floor board is
involved in my question. No one is safe from it, and no one is exempt if any
piece if metal was replaced on your body tub... Even one the size of a silver
dollar, so I say politely... Don't turn the other cheek because you think it
doesn't apply to you.

The only ones that can even possibly remove themselves from this scenario are
the owners who's car was so pristine for it's entire life that it never had
any metal work done. Mind you that if the car was famous like one of the
lemans race cars or the hsc, no one raises an eyebrow if extensive metal work
was done to save it.... But if some guy in his garage has to put alpine
quarters on his tiger cause it was rear ended... Not only is his car tainted
and now the bastard child of the community...but it's susceptible to scrutiny
as a legit factory tiger. Be not mislead... I dont doubt my car but I can
certainly see the potential for labeling problems to arise due to self
appointed judges and decision making. Not referring to Norm... I have never
known him to do anything but contribute good things for the community, but I
also don't know him very well. I am just posing the question. A misguided
stigma can be a terrible thing to overcome. I hope the cars in question are
correctly judged... It would be a travesty if not. Obviously this is the
purpose of the TAC process... I haven't had my car tac'd yet... But when I
do... It better work for me or I'll be very angry. My vin plate has never been
off the car...but the front inner and outer fender has. If some tells me that
issue is enough to  flaw my car as a tiger, and I tried to sell it and was
labeled as a forgery.... I would be..... Hard to deal with.... And the process
would have failed...

Food for thought. Respond to the question if you can...   ;)

All in good fun guys...just messin...

Cullen
Alpine 260
B382001452 LROFE...