Re: [Tigers] the Why I care topic

To: bobjeanbeams@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] the Why I care topic
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:56:26 -0400
Bob,
The issue for Mike of Florida is that the TAC program has been explained to
death to him by me, others, and now Tom Hall, and , he repeately doesn't like
it. I know he's smart enough to understand the program, everyone knows how he
felt about it weeks ago, and it hasn't sunk in that we don't want to hear his
repeated dislike for the program four times a day.We know how he feels. Now,
snap out of it, Mike.

The issue is not using up a very tired original LeMans to restore another
LeMans.
As I see it, the TAC program and the Alpine to Tiger discussion is akin to
someone
taking a wrecked Series III 'D' Harrington and building a Series IV 'D'
Harrington,
i.e. building something it never was, originally.

Same thing with Heritage MGBGT body. Restore it to another MGBGT, and things
are cool. Turn it into either a Costello V8 MGBGT or the later British Leyland
MGBGT V8, and it's not OK.

Alpine to Alpine, good. Alpine to Tiger, and transferring the Tiger VIN, baaad.

As for Tom Hall's explanation of TAC and switching VIN's, it cannot be put more
succinctly. Don't understand it? Read it again, and again, until it sinks in.

Mike, I don't want you to go away, but you can stick a fork in the Alger topic,
'cause it's done.