Re: [Tigers] Say it aint so Joe!

To: jxnichols@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Say it aint so Joe!
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:37:24 EDT
Jeff, I haven't followed this thread, so forgive me if I'm going off on a
completely wrong tangent, but are you suggesting that someone, somehow would
 have been able to copyright an aftermarket, Tiger crossmember/wishbone
suspension with more advantageous geometry and higher grade components than
our cars were delivered with?

I don't think so. It isn't as if any of the folks mentioned below did
anything more than crib off of widely utilized concepts. To say anything
"innovative" has gone on with any of the crossmember designs is kind of  hard
validate...maybe some sound engineering, but nothing that could be seen  as
unique. I'm not taking anything away from any of the folks that have put in
the time with the calculation, design and fabrication, I have the greatest
respect for their abilities.

Look to the Mustang performance world, with Griggs, Maximum Motorsports,
and a bunch of second, and first, rate knock offs of the same basic designs
for an obvious example. There is no way to copyright proven design that has
simply been transferred to a new application.

Again, if I'm going down the wrong path, I apologize. I just can't keep up
with all the stuff on the Tiger list!

Mike

In a message dated 9/12/2010 5:34:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,