[Tigers] Classic Motorsports Tiger on the Going to the Sun Rally

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Classic Motorsports Tiger on the Going to the Sun Rally
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:10:47 EDT
Hey Guys,

Just got back from an incredible week with the Tiger on the Going to the
Sun Rally in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming with my dad. What a great 1200 mile
event and what a great place to stretch the Tiger's legs. Car ran very well
and very fast with speeds often over 100 mph. I am so happy with the way this
car turned out and want to thank Bill Martin and a host of others for some
sorting tips. Even with the Top Loader the 3.07:1 final drive Barry built for
me worked great. Never felt like I needed a fifth gear after switch to
23.9" diameter tires. New Dale's Restorations springs transformed the handling.

Got to switch cars with a guy in a 427 Cobra and while that car is fast, it
wasn't much faster and not nearly as comfortable as the Tiger. Put me down
for the Sunbeam Tiger being perhaps, the best car in the world.

Got a few pics and details on our Classic site under project car updates.
Full story to come in the magazine. Thanks again to all of you who have
talked to me and helped me on this project. Man am I happy I picked a Tiger.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 239-0523 Fax: (386) 239-0723