Re: [Tigers] steering wheels

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] steering wheels
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:20:58 -0400
I've already sent Peter a copy of this with a enclosure of a Tiger
interior(fellow
listers let me know individually if you need me to send a picture), but...

Peter mentioned that he might be interested in a period correct aftermarket
steering wheel, and to me, that's spelled NARDI. Those of you around during
the 1960's remember that Ferrari installed Nardi wheels as standard equipment,
and catalogues for stores like Vilem Haan(Beverly Hills) and MG Mitten(Pasadena)
sold Nardi wheels for aftermarket applications like Porsche and Alpine/Tiger.

The photo I sent was of Emily Vasso's black Mark I(the car with the original
tan interior) when it was shown at the park in Santa Rosa during the United
this year. As I wrote Peter, in a United with several A-grade interiors, Emily's
car, to me, is an A-plus. You can bet that when my car gets to the point where
I'm finishing the interior, there WILL be a Nardi wheel on it.

RB