Re: [Tigers] Generator -

To: 'Allan Ballard' <allanballard@att.net>, 'Beamclub TIGER'
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Generator -
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:31:04 -0700 (PDT)
I just called Bumper to Bumper, who bought out a parts store that has been in
Benton, IL. since the mid 60s that I know of. He didn't look the price up but
did tell me he sold one for a tractor a few days ago and it was around $80
exchange and they are rebuilt units. Jerry, who has worked there for years
told me as far as he knew, he couldn't buy new generators now, only rebuilt
ones. I think Allan mentioned in an earlier email he needed an armature, if
that is still the case, I can check with a rebuilder (alternators, generators
and starters) to see if they can obtain just an armature. My guess is they
can. They rebuilt the alternator for my S5 Alpine  and my Chevy Blazer (it was
a gift, as I do prefer Ford products) unless we get back into the 60s and
earlier, then most any American and many foreign cars are of interest to me,
especially English and a few from other countries. Seems every country has
made at least a few cars of interest. I'm just to
 Sunbeam poor to consider another car, I will do good to live long enough to
restore all the Beams I have but at least I have a son and a nephew that enjoy
the thought of owning a Sunbeam- preferably a Tiger I'm sure. To all a good
day.
TonytheTiger

---