Re: [Tigers] 2010 Coronado speed festival

To: "Bob Josten" <bob@rjosten.com>, "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2010 Coronado speed festival
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:36:20 -0700
The red Tiger belongs to Don Saueressig. All the Tigers came through the
event in good shape. Tom got as high as 7th place before dropping back to a
9th place finish.

John Morton had a previous commitment so 78 year old Scooter Patrick ended a
25 year hiatus from racing to drive our SCF Tiger. Back in the day, Scooter
owned a car dealership that carried Rootes vehicles. He told us he could
sell every Tiger he could get his hands on. His problem was that in  order
to get a Tiger he'd also have to take a certain number of Alpines and Imps
which didn't sell themselves like a Tiger did.

And thanks to Bob Josten for lending us the racing seat Scooter used. (Our
usual seat was a bit too tight for Scooter's taste.)

bt