Re: [Tigers] Mk II #135 for sale

To: cjcoffel@sonic.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk II #135 for sale
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:46:24 +1100
> I don't know what disturbs me more, this guy, or someone who would pay 125k
> for an unrestored Tiger.
>
> They had a 289 Cobra fresh out of a barn there for 600k. What do you do
> with it if you buy it? I guess you do what the guy who owns it did. You take
> it places and show it to others so you can feel better about yourself and
> forget about your three ex wives and your kids that hate
> you........................
>

> I have pictures if anyone would like to see them.
>
> Chris

Chris.. i kind of get where you are coming from.. but survivor cars are
special, and as we know things are only original once. It s a great
responsibility to own a car thats low milage as in some ways you are not
keeping it to make yourself feel better, but to hold on to show to others
what they are like when new. It would take great restraint to own one and
ultimately they are hopefully entrusted to people who appreciate the cars
for what they are and use them in a manner that maintains their state.

A great example is John Boggis in the Uk.. his auto alpine is something
else:

http://www.sunbeam-alpine.com

it wuld be a shame to the sunbeam community if someone modified it, drove it
into the ground or even restored it.. as is it gives us all a great window
into the past.

--
Regards

Michael King