Re: [Tigers] Break Caliper Pistons

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Break Caliper Pistons
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 19:51:56 -0700
 >>>Any ideas?<<<

I tried all the "oil, compressed air" tricks to no avail. I wound up heating
the caliper (not sure if it helped) and banging it onto a piece of wood.
Somewhere between the 15th to 20th full, overhead swing of banging the
caliper onto the wood inertia won and it finally came out.

 But then I'm the guy who had to whack his axles (bolted to a steel wheel
and suspended between two strong sawhorses) with about an equal 15-20 full,
overhead swings with a 10 pound sledge hammer to get my hubs off. Should I
mention the Tiger rocking on jacktands with similar efforts to get the axles
out of the housing?

All the best. I forgot to mention, the caliper piston removal method I
used..., make sure your finger are on top of the caliper and not underneath.
Don't ask!

Tom