Re: [Tigers] Wiring Question

To: "'James Lindner'" <jliny5@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiring Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:45:10 -0400
Jim
        If you look at the wire diagram in the Shop manual you will see that
the ammeter has a WR wire from Vreg B terminal to the ammeter and an N wire,
brown, from the ammeter to the starter relay.   Without the ammeter you have
just an N wire from the B terminal to the starter relay.  It all depends on
how original you want to be according to the shop manual diagram.

The NY wire is at the Vreg D terminal to the generator and the Ignition
warning light.

The different wire colors all have a meaning in the wire harness; here is
one discussion on the subject.

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9919

N, brown indicates battery voltage
B, black is ground