Re: [Tigers] TEAE United 2010 poster

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "rande" <rande@thecia.net>, Scruffyy
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TEAE United 2010 poster
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:33:27 -0400
  The guy selling the posters is Bob Hirshberg (aka scruffy), the same
one who has produced and sold Sunbeam calendars on eBay for the past few
years.  He and his friend, John Craig (who owns an Alpine undergoing
restoration), have been attending our small get-togethers in Maine for
the past few years as well and he has taken many of the photos at our
gatherings and used them for his calendars.  I saw him last spring and
asked him if he would come and take pictures at the United, which he was
very happy to do.  We used the pictures he took at the autocross, the
rallye and the concours (he had to take a picture of each car in each
event) to make trophy plaques for the awards.  While most of us were
attending the banquet, Bob and John were working hard on sorting and
printing out the photos to be mounted on the plaques.  The plaques,
incidentally, were produced by the woodworking class at Medomak Valley
High School, in the shape of the state of Maine.  We mounted a dash
plaque and the category of the award on the wooden cutout in addition to
the photo.  The time Bob and John spent taking the photos as well as
sorting them, printing them and mounting them on the plaques was
enormous and they deserve many thanks for the job they did and their
contribution to the United.  TEAE reimbursed Bob for the ink and paper
he used, but that was his only reward.  I would hope that anyone
interested in Rootes vehicles would support Bob and John by purchasing
the posters and calendars they have produced.  As Rande mentioned, he
can also print photos of individual cars that were at the United.  I've
already sent him my $15 for the poster.

You can also see other stuff Bob and John have available at their web site:
http://www.aviationmotoringcollectible.com

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

Message: 1