Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "denis mercier" <denismercier@telvic.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 09:57:31 -0400
Denis:

I have the Derale fan on my Tiger and am quite pleased with it.  In
order to install it and position it correctly - approx 2/3 inside the
shroud and 1/3 outside, according to the TEAE study - I had to make a
spacer about a half inch thick between the fan and the face of the water
pump.  I used plexiglass but you could use most anything.  The other
issue is positioning the engine correctly so that the fan does not hit
the shroud or the rack.  This can be done by shimming the motor mounts
with washers to raise the engine a bit.  It has made quite a
difference.  When sitting in a July 4th parade behind the tractors a few
years ago at an ambient in the low 90's F, it never got above 210 F.  If
you close in the shroud you should never have any trouble.  If you do,
I'd like to see how you did it, if you could post some pics.  If you
would like pics of my Derale fan, I can send them to you.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE