Re: [Tigers] are 2.88 gear sets available anywhere

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] are 2.88 gear sets available anywhere
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:03:07 +0000
unless you want drive over about 125-130 mph (of course depending on
revs and tires), 3.07 work nicely.  you may notice the lower first
gear but probably won't notice the slightly higher cruising revs in
4th.

On Wednesday, November 3, 2010, Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net> wrote:
> If  "anywhere" would include used, I got a set (ring, pinion and flange)
about 8 years ago from Dale Akuszewski in San Bernardino, CA.  Seems he was
stockpiling a few when he would change out gears. Many don't recommend
swapping used gears, but I'm cheap.  Got then in within half a thousandth with
a very similar contact pattern. Someday..., whenever..., I may actually get my
Tiger on the road and find out how well they work.

> Otherwise, off the top of my head I think 3.07's like I have in my '64
Studebaker Daytona may be as numerically low as they are available new.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/owain.lloyd@gmail.com