Re: [Tigers] Cobra name and Mk III car

To: michael.s.king@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Cobra name and Mk III car
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 06:18:16 -0500
Hi,

In the UK, the model that you call the Mark III was marketed in brochures as
the AC 289 Sport, and it was essentially what we call the coil spring model,
wider body, with the 289 and toploader four speed. I only learned of this model
when I saw one at Lime Rock Park during the annual Shelby club gathering, and
later when I obtained a brochure featuring that model and the Frua-designed
AC 428.

As for the Cobra name, Factory Five states that they don't use the name for
their cars. You probably know that Ford sold a high performance model of the
1993-2004 Mustang as the SVT Cobra, and they worked out an agreement with
Shelby,
after a bit of dispute, to do that.

RB