Re: [Tigers] starter replacement

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, barncobob@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] starter replacement
From: FHSLOTH13@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:01:33 EST
Ron is right about checking connections first.

Years ago I had a bad starter on my MKII. I bought a new one only to find
out there is a difference between a starter for and automatic trans and a
manual  trans, at least for the 289 at that time.

Less years ago I replaced the starter on my MKI 260. Come to find out that
the starter for a 260 is dimensionally different than one for a 289. The
kid  behind the counter gave me one for a 289 even though I said 260. They
took it  back with no problem and gave me the correct one.

Fred Baum

In a message dated 11/18/2010 9:05:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,