Re: [Tigers] starter

To: "'Tom Hall'" <modtiger@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] starter
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:07:36 -0600
Also, the starter gear has a different set back on the two types (auto and
manual) the standard sits back about .400 further into the starter than the
auto (the only way I can tell the difference between the two). The numbers
of teeth on flywheels are 157 and 164, I've seen both on autos and std
tranys.

I've been threatening myself on doing a video on how to take apart and clean
the newer type starters and how to do the three or four different ways of
wiring them up. I just haven't been able to find the time yet.  When you're
retired there just isn't enough time to do it all. ;-)

Jerry Christopherson
9473187