Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:12:09 +1100
I thought i remember reading that the BULLIT mustang sound was actually
recorded from a GT40 and then dubbed over the movie. This was in an artcile
in C&S maybe 3-4years back looking at all the mustang models and discussed a
bullit replica. To me that sounds more likely.

As for the making the new car sound right.. as with many cars these days
their tuned exhausts and valves in the mufflers and patterned resonators are
all there to fake the sound of a hard engine.. there is nothing like the
sound of an actual motor breathing down the pipes that gets harder under
acceleration as opposed to a clever exhaust that sounds like armogedan as
the owner poses at 20mph. That said.. those AMG63 mercs do sound great.. but
they are only going 20mph..