Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?

To: <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:13:08 -0500
Thanks guys,

Not the news I had hoped for...

I do have a re-cored stock radiator, and will switch to aluminum heads with
aluminum intake, with a LAT scooped fiberglass hood.

In your opinion...would that set of parts offset the overbore heat?

Here in Atlanta it gets quite warm in the summer...

Allan
MK1a Tiger
SIV Alpine

On Jan 21, 2011, at 3:05 PM, <awtiger@cox.net> wrote:

> Allan:
>
> My experience with my Tiger tells me that, if the cooling system is not in
tip-top condition, there is a likelihood that it will run somewhat warmer than
it should if the motor has been bored out that much.  My car also has a
.030-over 289 in it as well.  There is, of course, much more that can have an
effect on operating temperature, such as the presence of performance-enhancing
bits, but just remember that the cooling system was designed for a
standard-bore engine, and even then it was considered to be on the marginal
side.

> When I go through the mechanicals of my car, I plan to stay as close to
stock specs as possible; but, then again, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I
like it!!