Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31

To: "'Mike Baskette'" <mikebaskette@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 01:08:56 -0500
Mike
        This is where you need to recheck your information.  MustangTek is a
good site but they list C3OE-6015-B as both a 260 and 289 block which can
not be.  There are errors on that site.  A better reference is Bob Mannel's
book; Mustang and Ford Small Block V8 1962 - 1969.

C3OE-6015-B is a 260 block
260 block are not marked with 260 anywhere, they are blank.

C3AE-6015-N is the first 289 block; casting started in Dec 1962
All 289 block have 289 cast into the valley, intake manifold and the heads.
Ford had to cast those numbers into the parts so everyone knew what parts
they had in front of them.  Ford had 3 different block in production for the
1963 model year; the 221, 260 and the 289.

Most parts are a direct bolt on from 260 and 289 but there are a number of
little differences with some parts that you need to be careful of and you
have realize before installing.

Ron Fraser