Re: [Tigers] tiger blocks

To: "'jim'" <jim@island.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger blocks
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:02:29 -0600
It is true that a 302 is a stroked 289 and that the internals of one block will
fit the other. However, the cylinder bores are slightly longer in the 302
blocks to accommodate the longer stroke and reduce piston slap at the bottom of
the stroke. Use the 289 internals in a 302 block freely, but be careful using
302 internals in a 289 block.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans