Re: [Tigers] Holy Mercum Tiger

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holy Mercum Tiger
From: "bob webb" <bobjeanbeams@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:25:22 -0500
keep in mind one thing. the rust that was there is not there now. if the
person that did the body work knew his business, this car is probably
stronger now than it was originally. and by looking at the photos it appears
he does know what to do. i have a car in a shop in ohio at the present time
and one of the first things he did to a dipped body was to reweld and add
more welds to everything on the underside of the car. especially the front
shackles for the rear springs, the X frame ,etc. i don't know how many of
you have seen these cars after the rusted areas were cut out and areas
opened up prior to being dipped,but there was no rust treatment when they
were built. i have taken cars apart and found many areas without primer. one
big problem i have seen is that the panels where the front fenders meet the
fender wells is that the filler panel at the top required a lot of seam
sealer to fill the gap. once this falls out it's open for all the water
spray off the tires. my body man cuts a piece for that area that doesn't
require two pounds of seam sealer. he also removes all the lead from the
body seams and welds all the body seams solid since they were just spot
welded from the factory. i have not seen this car, but it must look good for
someone to give 80K for it.