[Tigers] Add on Transmission T5 question

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Add on Transmission T5 question
From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:40:28 -0700
Another Add on Question for the T-5 conversion group.

I frequently here fussing/concern about the stock location of the T-5 shifter
not working.  Is it an issue with the T-5 shifter from a stock mustang being
too far back?  Or is the issue a question of shifter hole for the top loader
on the left side of the case and the hole in the floor is also set to the
left?  And then with the  T-5 shifter in the center of the case the hole needs
to be further to the right/passenger side of the care?

I ask because if it is a fore/aft there are many hot rod transmission business
that offer conversions service to move the shifter from the rear of the case
to a Mid or Forward case mount.  Has anyone used an alternative case mount or
think it would provide an ergonomic/comfort benefit?

Thanks
dan