Re: [Tigers] carb & Intake

To: <un-cole-a@juno.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] carb & Intake
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:05:04 -0400
Tim
         I should be able to tell you the correct combination of parts on an
original Tiger engine by it's engine number.

The carb should be an Autolite ID# C4DF and most likely the C4DF-N carb.
The Motorcraft carb is a replacement and should be similar to the 2100.
The tag numbers don't mean anything to me at the moment but it might be the
way Motorcraft listed them.  I believe there still should be an ID number on
the carb base plate just in front of the throttle linkage.

The C4OE intake should be correct.

Questions like these are where my Original Tiger Engine Study helps answer
but there are still many gaps in my study.

        Tim or anyone else if you would like to participate with my Original
Engine Study contact me off list and I will send you my information sheet to
be fill out.  The majority of the information I'm studying is readily
accessible and even easier to locate if the engine is out.  I will also
gladly help anyone with Ford part numbers and tag decodes.

Ron Fraser