[Tigers] Roll Bars

To: Tiger Digest <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Roll Bars
From: Curt Bowland <cbowland@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:59:35 -0500
For years I vintaged raced with what I believed to be an Autopower roll bar.
Purchased from an SCCA recer who's car was totaled by a deer at Elkhart Lake.

The bar clears the hard top which is a real plus. I raced for years without a
top but incrasingly the height of the bar over the helmut became an issue. You
can only slouch so much. My soloution, run with the hard top on. Roll bar
height becomes a moot issue. My bar had decent size mounting plates and is a
bolt through install that was never questioned. Quite as few years back I was
also required to weld a bar behing the head area and pad it accordingly.
Always ran with a diagonal bar from mid point of hoop to passenger floor.